Let your inner-artist break free in Image Workshop
In Image Workshop, we concentrate primarily on painting. You have the possibility to:
- Work with different materials
- Learn about different work tools, effects, and additives
- Learn the theoretical background of sculpture
- Work on finding your own personal expression
- Receive individual guidance combined with teaching
Teaching in Image Workshop focuses on acrylic painting. We will work with:
- Abstract motifs
- Expressive motifs
- Figurative motifs
In this subject, emphasis will be placed on the abstract and expressive, but you may of course combine them with the figurative and experiment in all directions.
You will come to know many forms of techniques, effects, work tools, and additives, and you will receive a thorough introduction to acrylic media’s opportunities and limitations.
This subject will change between theory and practice, lessons and independent work. You can also finish the course with a big project, e.g.: decoration work
- You want to be creative
- You are prepared for individual guidance – but you can also work independently and within a class context
- You are open to new ideas and theories
The Art workshop is for those who are practicing and would like to add more technique to your painting – but its also for those who are beginners and want to try the power of painting.
In other words, you surname does not have to be Picasso.
- Abstract art: Abstract art today is primarily used for non-figurative art, which is art that does not imagine or imitate objects
- Expressive Art: Expressionism is an artistic period in Europe, especially in Germany and Austria from around 1905-1925. However, one can see expressionist features in paintings dating back to the 1890s.
- Figurative art: The opposite of abstract – in other words, you can see what the image / sculpture imagines.
Morten Søndergaard is educated folk school teacher from Hjørring Seminarium.
He has been employed at Vrå Folk High School since 2015 and teaches Danish and Image Workshops.
Morten is a performing visual artist and is a football player at the local football team in Vrå. He and the family are often seen at the folk high school’s communal meal times.
Teacher of Classical Photography and short courses with photography, including portrait, model, novel photography, old techniques, etc. Emil has taught at Vrå Folk High School since 2002.
He is a self-taught photographer and artist, and is internationally recognized for, among other things its Bromoil works.
He has had exhibits at, among other things, Gallery A in Lønstrup, at the art fair North and at the annual Stenum exhibition a little outside of Vrå.